Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Money for brains, brains for money.

Despite my parents' (and friends) chronic warnings to the contrary, I have taken my first leap into the pool of student loans. It isn't much, but it will help me survive until I find a decent job, and part of me feels entitled to the ease of being a professional student for a brief period, a pursuit so many people I know take for granted during their entire college careers. At this point, I just want to finish, and if loans will help me achieve this goal, then bring them on.

I have long since accepted the fact that I am merely purchasing my Bachelor's Degree from the University; there hasn't been much real effort or cranial expenditure on my part to make me feel like I'm earning that piece of paper, at least not yet. As far as accessories go, in the long run I feel that purchasing my ipod will have made me happier, but the degree will make me money, and money will purchase happiness. I must remember to pick some up next time I go browsing the aisles for inexpensive toiletries and cold cuts at 2 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment